Thursday, June 4, 2009

Almost 20 months!






I can't believe how quick time passes you by.  It seems only yesterday that we brought Connor home from the hospital.  I remember it so well- we were so nervous.  We left the hospital during rush hour traffic.  Josh drove extra slow and if you know how he drives, that is not like him at all.  When we brought Connor home, he was so comfortable.  It was like he knew he was at home...okay, I could go on forever about my little one.  Let me tell you a little about the present!  Connor is doing great!  He seems to enjoy having me home for the summer and getting a little spoiled but I can't help it, I love making him happy!  He is a lot of work right now- he never stops all day.  He is full-time job  that is for sure!  
Josh and I decided we needed to take a vacation to just spend time together and also to give him a break from the everyday routine of things.  We had a hard time deciding where to go.  Our first thoughts were San Diego, Florida, a cruise.  But, we decided those are all places we want to go with Connor. Since I am not comfortable taking him on an airplane yet, we decided on Las Vegas- since it would be just the two of us!  We both love Las Vegas.  There is so much to do and see.  We are going to two shows: Ka, and Le Reve.  I am very excited!  We are leaving next week- I can't wait!!  I'll try to take some photos when we go with my point and shoot camera since I don't want to travel with SLR camera.  Connor is going to be staying with my parents which he will really enjoy.  They spoil him way to much!  As you can see from the pictures they gave him his first go-cart!  Which he really enjoys playing on.  I think Connor will think he is on a vacation too.  
I just finished reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer.  It was excellent!  It was really hard to understand everything at first but after about the sixth chapter it started to get really good!  I loved the ending of the story- it throws you a big twist.  I really recommend it.  It is about aliens which might turn some of you away but just give it a try.  I think you will be surprised how much you will enjoy it.
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!  Love ya!

No comments: