He gets his CGM replaced once a week. Sometimes he is very discouraged to get it replaced and other times he is excited. It changes weekly- as you will see in the video, he did not want a new sensor this week.
These are the steps you will see in the video:
- He gets a numbing cream on about an hour beforehand
- Next we use alcohol to clean the area
- Then, we apply SkinTac to help the bandage stay on (it has to stay on all week)
- Using the applicator, we insert the sensor, it uses a needle to insert the sensor under the skin
- The applicator is taken off the sensor
- We then attach the transmitter
Just this year CGMs have been approved for Bradley's age group. I am so thankful for the advancements that science makes every day. This is truly a lifesaving device!