If you visit my blog often you know that my blog is mostly about my kids and most of my pictures are always of my kids. You may have even noticed that very few pictures are actually of me on my blog. I actually hate pictures of me and really avoid it. I saw this tag on some of the YouTube channels that I watch and I thought it would be fun to do one of myself on my blog. You are supposed to come up with 25 random things that others do not know not about you. Some of you may know some of these things about me, but most of them are things that my husband and close family and friends only know.
So here it goes- 25 Things You Didn't Know About Me!
1. I am terrified of heights- I even have trouble sitting on bleachers at a stadium. I get very dizzy and my legs get very shaky when I am even remotely high.
2. I love nail polish! I change my nail polish almost every day and I have almost 100 different colors of nail polish.
Some people ask me "how do you find time to paint your nails every day?" I always tell them it's relaxing and I usually do it after the kids are in bed and we are just watching TV.
3. I have one tattoo! I love it and I have no regrets. I have had it for about six or seven years (not sure). It is an ichthus on my lower back. One day I hope to add something to it, maybe flowers.
4. I am a worrier. I worry about everything and sometimes it makes me sick and it even gives me nightmares. I try to work on it and I know it does not accomplish anything but it is really hard for me.
5. I have a very hard time making decisions and get very picky about certain things especially when it comes to home decorating. I have a lot of bare walls and spaces. Not because I don't like decorating but because I cannot make up my mind on what I really want and can't quite afford some styles that I do like so I end up with nothing.
6. I hate whistling! It is so annoying and drives me CRAZY! Josh thinks it is quite funny and likes to annoy me with his dreadful whistle. He also has taught our bird to whistle like him. The only person that I can stand to whistle is my dad.
7. I am a detailed oriented person. If you changed your eye shadow color, if you are wearing a new foundation or shaved your sideburns slightly different, I probably noticed.
8. I am very hard to get along with. I get very grumpy and I think my hard decision making and pickiness can get very annoying to others. Luckily, Josh is very easy going and complements my difficult personality.
9. I hate the smell of Corn Nuts! They have the worst smell in the world. I don't know how anyone could put them in their mouth and eat them. I feel like I am going to throw up just thinking about the smell. Yuck!
10. This is really gross.. and I cannot believe I am actually telling you this, I like the smell of cow manure. Not when it's overwhelming and really strong, but just a light breezy smell of cow manure. I think it brings back good memories of my childhood at my grandfather's ranch.
11. Before I decided to become a teacher, I wanted to be a doctor. I actually took a lot of career enrichment courses in high school for PreMed. While everyone was reading Romeo and Juliet I was reading Gray's Anatomy. I had an internship at UNM and even flew to Houston with my class to observe an open heart surgery. It was a dream of mine for a long time, but I decided it wasn't for me. I knew I still wanted to help people. But, not as a doctor, instead I decided that being a teacher was a better fit for me. I think I made a great decision!
12. If I wasn't a teacher what would I want to be? I think I would really enjoy being a photographer, being a book reviewer or even something in beauty. I love nail polish and most recently makeup!
13. I am obsessed with people's eyes.
14. I LOVE reading and sometimes I can get too lost in my books. I have to make sure and not be consumed in my reading and not shut out the real world. I try to mostly only read at night when the kids are already in bed and mostly only on the nights that Josh works.
15. When I was little, I could drink a glass of water and then shake my stomach and you could actually hear the water sloshing around in my stomach!
16. I get extreme motion sickness. I even have a hard time riding in the FRONT seat of a car! I am the worst person to go with to an amusement park because I don't ride anything exciting.
17. I have a fear of flying. I always think the plane is going to crash and it doesn't help that I am terrified of heights. I get very paranoid even with the slightest turbulence. Plus, I get sick!
18. I love blankets- even it is 100 degrees, I have to have a blanket on me. I always have one if I am sitting on the couch.
19. I am allergic to cats very badly. I also have a slight allergy to melons but I can still eat them.
20. I hate chinese food and don't know why chinese buffets are so popular. Connor loves chinese buffets and so do my in-laws and I just don't get it. They are so disgusting! Disclaimer: I eat PF Changs and Pei Wei. :)
21. I hate coke and never drink it. I only drink water, tea and Starbucks!
22. I have never been on a train, not even the rail runner.
23. I am obsessed with adventure films like Troy, Gladiator and The Lord of the Rings.
24. I have read the Harry Potter series about four times. I know I am a nerd!
25. I hope to one day have my own YouTube channel reviewing books. I actually already have one made but I do not have any videos on it yet. I have one million excuses why I haven't started it.
Well, hopefully you learned a little more about me and I hope you will also do this tag! I didn't think I was going to come up with 25 things but it was actually easier once I started my list. If you decide to do this tag, let me know! I would love to read it!